Services Leader (Team Lead)
This role is a leader on the professional services team focused on the successful execution of projects through client management and resource support. The role combines key skills in client management, consulting management, and practice support.
- As the senior team member responsible for client and project success, this role requires significant experience (suggested 8 – 10+ years) in leading ERP complex implementation projects with a focus on the practice specialty.
- 3 – 5 years’ experience leading high performing consulting teams through complex implementations
- Demonstrates a strong ability to solution key designs and deliver projects in a highly effective way assuring client satisfaction
- Deep understanding of Microsoft, Dynamics Business Central/NAV, and industry as well as a clear understanding of overall ERP implementations in order to assure quality solutions are being provided to the clients and to help with any escalated solutioning needs
- Should have a strong knowledge of industry and consulting trends to assure forward thinking approach to practice management
- Services Success:
- Provides leadership and support for Project Manager and consulting team with respect to project success, methodology and client success.
- Collaborate with Tech Hub to assure client success.
- Provides support to the team in resolving Client escalations.
- Mentors Architects and Consultants.
- Works to complete internal periodic project reviews with Project Manager and Consulting team.
- Assists Project Manager and consulting team on improving Client experience.
- Provides services oversight including assure adherence to methodology on projects
- Responsible for understanding the scope of the Project and escalating out of scope items/opportunities to the Project Manager
- Assists Project Manager and team with development of necessary project elements including project planning and staffing, kickoff presentations, etc.
- Responsible for QA of project efforts to ensure project decision/deliverables are sound.
- Responsible for working with the project manager and team to identify, scope, develop, and present “Phase 2” solutions (out of scope of current project) to the Client.
- Collaborates with the Project Manager to ensure all tasks within scope are listed in the Project Plan.
- Collaborates with the Project Manager to formulate the architecture and design strategy, interdependencies, risks and mitigation strategies, and timeline requirements. May serve as solution architect on smaller projects.
- Drives additional cross line of business sales opportunities with the Client where possible. Communicates with the Project Manager and Sales Team concerning potential new opportunities.
- Monitors overall project status, address escalated issues that cannot be resolved at level of project management, and other areas as deemed appropriate.
- Works with the Project Manager to transition Clients to Support.
- Responsible for developing relationship with Client Executive Sponsor.
- Supports escalation to Client Executive leadership and leadership.
- Participates in project kick off meeting, project status meetings, and steering committee meetings as the delivery owners of the project
- Monitors overall project status, address escalated issues that cannot be resolved at level of project management.
- Identifies issues which may impact scope, quality, or delivery of project and ensures appropriate communications to project team and Client management. Responsible for first-level response regarding executive level scope misalignment with Clients.
- Assures implementation of change management and scope control within each assigned project. Identifies issues which may impact scope, quality, or delivery of project and ensures appropriate communications to project team and Client management.
- Responsible for the Client relationship during the project as well as the implementation team and its’ role in the overall success of the Project
- Leads Client meetings or facilitate strategy sessions, analyzing processes and recommending improvements
- Collaborate with development to assure work is quality and timely.
- Facilitate moving completed projects to support
- Potential travel up to 25%
Practice Management support:
- Work closely with VP Professional Services for scheduling projects at the team level and driving utilization through all members of the team
- Monitor team member Utilization to assure an appropriate balance of consulting activities along with consultant growth initiatives
- Stay current on emerging technologies in practice focus area and guide team towards maintaining/growing skills sets
- Maintain applicable certifications in practice focus area
- Mentors Consultants on growth initiatives
- Participate in industry knowledge share and thought leadership as appropriate.
- Listen to the feedback from team members and timely resolve issues and conflicts; engage leadership where necessary
- Empower team members with skills to improve their confidence, product knowledge, and communication skills
- Build trust and camaraderie between team members to ensure smooth and effective operations of the team
- Support recruiting efforts as needed